Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Festivals: Veggie Style

Have you ever been to a music festival?

I just got back from Bonnaroo in Manchester, Tennessee, and let me tell you, not only was the music amazing- but the food?! Scrumptious.

Here are some of the food choices us Veggie-People had in store:
1.)Veggie Corn Dogs. That's right! You don't have to give up corn dogs! They are amazing!
2.)Garlic Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
3.) Falafel Salad or Sandwich
4.)Pad Thai
5.)Indian Vegetable Samosas
6.) Vegetable Fried Rice
7.)Stir Fry
8.) Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!
9.) Quesadillas
10.)Burritos

That was just Some of the choices. Yeah, i had a blast. Who says being Vegetarian on Vacation is hard?

We also went to a few restaurants on the way down and back up. We stopped at this tiny Vegan restaurant in Chatanooga. I had myself a "Sloppy Joe," while my other 3 friends ( two of them non-veg) had vegan burgers and chicken patties. All were delicious.

On the way back home, we stopped in Knoxville at a restaurant called the Copper Cellar. I had myself a Portobello "steak" and cheese with grilled onions and peppers and a side of homemade, red mashed potatoes. Of course, we had an appetizer of spinach and artichoke dip and chips and the waitress was the sweetest thing down south. Lots of delicious veg. options!


No comments:

Post a Comment