Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hummus Pizza!

Going Vegan meant one thing for my habit of eating too much pizza: It had to stop.

At least that's what I thought when I was getting into it. Little did I know there were tricks to the trade that provided endless ideas for glorious pizzas to come.

Yesterday I experimented with some hummus and a few ingredients I had scattered around my refridgerator, and ended up with a suprisingly delicious concoction!

Hummus Pizza!

*Buy a 2 pack of the Whole Wheat pizza crusts from your favorite grocery store. ( Or if you're really great, make youre own dough!)
*Buy a small container of Hummus ( I prefer Garlic and Sabras)
*Chop up some Green Olives, Sundried Tomatos, and Roasted Red Peppers.
*Spread the hummus all over the crust
*Add olives, tomatos and peppers with whatever residing oil there is from those ingredients.
*Sprinkle pizza with a dash of Nutritional Yeast
*Add Salt and Pepper and Red Pepper flakes to taste
*Bake at 350' for 20 minutes.
"YUMMMMMOOOOOOO

its gonna be good.

I also used my left over grilled onions and peppers from my burrito bowl yesterday, and with the other crust, spread some simple tomato sauce, sprinkled with basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and spread the grilled veggies on! Baked that up and ate it up! How easy, and no leftovers wasted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment