Monday, February 6, 2012

Superbowl Sunday

Yesterday was the Superbowl- Giants vs. Pats, and the Giants won! Personally I am a Broncos and Jets follower, but was glad the Giants won.

I hung out with Tony's family and we had a huge spread of delicious treats to munch on. I ate some delicious vegan chili, salsa, chips and such, but about halfway through the evening I decided I would snack on some stuffed broccoli bread with cheese and have a piece of cake ( which contained eggs). It was the first time I had consumed any animal bi-products in over a month.

It tasted good and I felt fine for the night, but as soon as I got home my stomach started to hurt. And today it feels disgusting. I feel like something really heavy is just sitting and sloshing around in there, and I am nauscious and gross-feeling. I wish I haddnt eaten any cheese. I dont think the eggs in the cake would have bothered me that much, but I'm pretty sure the cheese is sitting strong.

Advice to any new vegan, dont test yourself if you havent eaten dairy in over a month. Yuck! I think I've learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment