Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Harsh Realities

Many of my meat eating friends ask me not to explain why I don't eat meat or animal products. They have a hard time hearing the reality of what really goes on behind the scenes at factory farms, and the abuse these animals endure.

I don't blame them. It is not easy to watch a video of cows being hung upside down and having their throats slit- watching them twist and moan in pain as every drop of their blood drains from their body onto the slauterhouse floor. It is not fun to watch Circus workers continually stab and shock elephants to make them do rediculously unnatural tricks in order for people to be entertained. It is not beautiful to see people abusing their own dogs and cats- kicking them, starving them, and leaving them chained out in the rain and snow.

But its reality.

And if you don't like it- do something about it.

You may feel like you are only one person, but the truth is, if you feel uneasy, upset, disgusted, or angry about the way animals are treated, there are things you can do that will save lives. Thousands of lives. And your knowledge will spread and posiviely affect others into being more open minded and looking the truth in the face, no matter how much their fear it- and the world will be better because of it.

I don't mean to sound harsh. I was once one of those people who ate chicken wings and said that I could never live without cheese. I was one of those people who, if shown a factory farm video, would turn away and say "I can't watch that, it will ruin my dinner." Is this you?

If it is you, just think about it in a logical perspective. You are not ignorant. You know the truth. Maybe not all of it, but you know at least a glimpse of where your meat/dairy comes from. And there is so much more to learn.

Personally, I want to only ingest things that will positively affect my body and mind. I know that no suffering has taken place when I eat my pasta and marinara, or fresh fruit and veggies. I know that my bean dip doesnt breathe, and love, and have a family.

The point is. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. If you don't like to see animals suffering, which is what happens for the meat you eat, then don't eat meat! It's a simple equation. That is all, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment