Monday, January 16, 2012

Relaxing and Refreshing Weekend

This weekend was full of delicious foods that refreshed my body into a new state of happiness and restfulness.

On Saturday, we spent the evening with my parents, cooked dinner and watched the Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which was a really interesting movie and also makes the animal-activist in me reinforce my beliefs. We don't want a bunch of crazy Apes realizing how terrible us Humans are, do we? It could be a very scary situation if you ask me...

Anyway- back to the food!

Whenever I come over, my parents always ask me to make my famous Guacamole. (Now, I don't know why exactly people go nuts over my guac, but the trick is to add a little more garlic and cilantro than you think you should!)
So here's the recipe:

Guacamole:

4 Avacados
4 medium Cloves of garlic
1 handful of Cilantro
2 plum tomatos
1/2 lime
salt and pepper to taste.

Cut the avacados in half and use a knife to "chop" the seed so it gets wedged in there. Pop out the seed and use a spoon to scoop out the fruit into a large bowl. Do this for all four Avacados. Use a garlic press to press the 4 Garlic cloves into the bowl. Cut the Cilantro with scissors into the bowl. Squeeze the lime on top. Mash this mixture with a Potato Masher. Chop the tomatos into small chunks and toss into the bowl. Mix with spoon. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Then eat with your favorite tortilla chips!

*WARNING: My favorite tortilla chips used to be the Tostidos with a Hint of Lime... NOT VEGAN. They add sour cream into the chips.

For dinner I made two recipes from Sarah Kramers cook book (that I have been using for a few years now) called La Dolce Vegan!

For the main entree I made a Coconut Curried Vegetable and Rice dish, and for the side, a light and refreshing Bean and Corn Salad. We also decided to make some Roasted Sweet Potatoe Chips as a side.

It was absolutely Delicious!! And a success! My parents really enjoyed the meal, despite their terror of a vegan lifestyle.

Recipes to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment