Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Vegan Dinner and Movie Night

Yesterday I went to Hamden to visit a friend of mine for a dinner and movie night. She is a vegetarian, so when she found out I was vegan, she was up for the challenge to make a delicious dinner for us. She told me she was making her famous Christmas Casserole. I didn't know what to expect. Would there be ginger snaps involved? I was excited to see.

Kate prepared a simple, nutritious and tasty meal in just about 20 minutes total.

She cooked up some Quinoa (Keen-wah) which is like a more nutty and grainy cous-cous or rice, with some Sesame oil. Put it in a cassarole dish and then layered Fresh Baby Spinach and canned and drained Diced Tomatoes ( hence the Red and Green for xmas!) some some crushed Ritz Crackers on top! Then she popped it in the open until the spinach began to wilt and the dish was hot, and served it up!

I thought this dish was perfect for on-the-go people, or college students, or anyone who doesn't have time or the want to cook super tricky dishes. I bet the whole thing probably cost around $4 ( and she definitely had left overs!)

We enjoyed our Christmas Casserole over the movie Meet Bill ( which I loved)

Check it out and make yourself some Christmas in January!

Thanks Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment